The Church was established in the late 1930s when it first met at Burn near Bickleigh and was largely made up of farming families. As the church grew it was decided to move to Silverton itself and a prefabricated wooden hut was built on what is now Hederman Close. It was known then as Silverton Mission Hut.
The church continued to grow and on 22 July 1955 a more permanent building was opened on the present site known as the Brethren Gospel Hall. In 1989 we added a substantial extension, providing toilets, kitchen and hall and the church was renamed Silverton Evangelical Church. A further extension has since been added.
We are a growing church and always welcome people who want to know
more of God's love in their lives. Over the years it has been a joy and a
privilege to witness people turning to God in repentance and faith, being
baptised, becoming members of the church and using their God-given
gifts for the benefit of the whole church community.